|"Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father,
and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit,
teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you.
And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age."
Matthew 28: 19-20
NOW IS THE TIME
FOR US TO GO OUT
TO OUR FAMILY, FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS!
|The Sermon on the Mount
by Carl Heinrich Bloch
from The Church Of Heptapegon
Photographed By: Jerry LePre
What is Faith Formation? Here at St. Christopher and St. Margaret Mary it is a group of lay people,
with the guidance of Father Joe, who are taking up the challenge of evangelism of our
Roman Catholic faith.
Their objectives are:
+ Create a home and a sense of family for practicing Catholics to hear, feel and live
+ Develop an environment to have our non-practicing (lapsed) Catholic family members,
friends and neighbors return to the Word of God.
+ Spread the Words of Jesus to our non-Catholic friends and neighbors and warmly
invite them into our family.
The group was originally formed on February 13th, 2012 at St. Margaret Mary. It is a an organization
that thrives on parishioner participation . The level of participation is up to the individual, no on-going
commitments are required. We host many spiritual and social events and assist in many of the
It's never too late for you to participate in this most important endeavor. Be part of making
St. Christopher and St. Margaret Mary a welcoming parish and help shepherd those who have strayed
from the Church back to the Lord.
If you would like to join us or if you would like more information, please complete and "Submit"
the form below.
Web site of interest:
The Roman Catholic Parish of
St. Christopher and St. Margaret Mary
Staten Island, New York 10306
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What is Faith Formation?
Here at St. Christopher and St. Margaret Mary it is a group of lay people, with the guidance of
Father Joe, who are taking up the challenge of evangelism of our Roman Catholic faith.
What is Faith Formation's Mission?
(1) Create a home and a sense of family for practicing Catholics to hear, feel and live
(2) Develop an environment to have our non-practicing (lapsed) Catholic family members, friends and
neighbors return to the Word of God
(3) Spread the Words of Jesus to our non-Catholic friends and neighbors and warmly invite them into
How does Faith Formation go about their Mission?
Provide and support spiritual and social events, ceremonies and activities for all parishioners and
non-parishioners with the goal of creating an inviting environment that will enrich each person's life.
Provide material for and maintain communications vehicles such as:
- the weekly Church Bulletin
- the St. Christopher and St. Margaret Mary Website; www.stcstmmsi.org
- Flocknote Electronic Email and Texting Announcements
- St. Christophe and St. Margaret Mary Facebook
to inform and welcome parishioners and non-parishioners to participate in our Parish Community.
All of Faith Formation's events are not only open to everyone, they are free. We never want to put
anyone or family in a position where they would like to attend an event, but can't afford it. All of the
events are financially supported via contributions from generous parishioners and a Fall and Spring
Bake Sale. No funds are requested from the Parish's general fund.
What are some of the Faith Formation events, ceremonies and activities?
- Weekly Scripture Study
- Recollections/Retreats; Advent, Lent, Pentecost and Assumption.
- Semi-Annual Parish Breakfast
- Fall and Spring Family Night at the Movies
- Mardi Gras Potluck Dinner Dance
- Parish Picnic
- Annual Remembrance Mass and Celebration for those who lost a family members or friend
- Support of the Easter Triduum celebrations
- Patron Saints and May Crowning celebrations
- Support of other Ministries and Groups;
i.e Religious Education, Food Pantry, Music Ministry, Altar Society, ...
- Spring Clean-Up (of our Church, grounds and other Parish facilities)
- Fall and Spring Bake Sales